Monday, October 5, 2009

Unit Three Proposal

Okay, so just so I can clarify for myself, I'm going to be addressing these standards: Theme, Connections, and Composing.


Here's what I think would work best for me:

I'd love to read a novel and post four responses, each response dedicated to a section of the book (marked at regular intervals). In order to address the standards, I thought I could just include evidence of theme and connections.
For example, each of my responses will include what I thought about the story, the theme I see, and any connections to its time period/modern day that I find important.

Finally, at the end, I'll address the last standard of composition by writing my own "version" of the story. In other words, I will create a story with similar theme and connections as the novel.

ELABLRL1 The student demonstrates comprehension by identifying evidence (i.e., examples of diction, imagery, point of view, figurative language, symbolism, plot events, main ideas, and characteristics) in a variety of texts representative of different genres (i.e., poetry, prose [short story, novel, essay, editorial, biography], and drama) and using this evidence as the basis for interpretation.

ELABLRL2 The student identifies, analyzes, and applies knowledge of theme in a work of British and/or Commonwealth literature and provides evidence from the work to support understanding.

ELABLRL3 The student deepens understanding of literary works by relating them to their contemporary context or historical background, as well as to works from other time periods.

1 comments:

₪Tarawr ₪ Andrews₪ said...

I'm not sitting next to you, or watching you. But I feel I should be. Lol I'm a creep-o.